97.1 AMP Radio Music Director / On-Air TalentApply
Are you a successful pop/hip hop/dance guru with an ear to the street? Do you have contacts and the passion to break new and exciting music to the masses? Los Angeles’ 97.1 AMP Radio has a rare opportunity to work with the BEST talent, programmers, production folks and marketers as Music Director! This position needs someone with incredible determination, an extremely positive attitude and a willingness to work really really hard!
· Work directly with Programming, Marketing & Promotions, Sales and other departments as required.
· Oversee the daily operation/music scheduling/talent requirements of station.
· Insure that station formatics are executed properly and as proposed by Program Director.
· Schedule music via Music Master software and run daily/weekly analysis of Selector software/schedules.
· Create Music Master Long Audit Trials, successfully analyze music scheduling problems and propose reliable solutions.
· Assist with creating Contest/Promotional/Imaging copy & Themed Weekend campaigns.
· Maintain the stations’ music libraries and oversee the dubbing of all music content media.
· Assist with the creation of Screeners for Perceptual & Auditorium Music Test studies.
· Secure music required for broadcast.
· Continually re-examine the Music Master software to insure that all pertinent data is listed for each song and that all fields are complete and correct.
· Attend music sorts/perceptual presentations and actively participate in brainstorming sessions.
· Manage relationships with trade magazines, radio critics, and Internet vendors who compose editorial about the industry & station.
· Protect the company’s FCC license.
· Perform all other tasks perceived, assigned, and/or required that contribute to the smooth running of the department and to the achievement of departmental and station goals.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Minimum 5 years APD/Music Director experience with a proven track record and minimum 2 years experience scheduling daily music via Music Master software program required. Knowledge of FCC rules, geographical demographics and familiarity with broadcast area preferred. Must be self motivated and possess ability to work autonomously. High school diploma required; college degree in related field preferred. Successful experience identifying marketable pop/hip hop/dance is REQUIRED.