Audience Engagement DirectorApply
Radio.com is seeking a Director, Audience Engagement to join our Digital Media team. This role will set the strategy for and lead email efforts and audience growth strategy across Radio.com's digital footprint. The Director will oversee and manage the acquisition of audience through both organic and paid tactics with an emphasis on email database growth, data acquisition and use, engagement and retention. The ideal candidate is an analytical and strategic thinker who can shape stories from data and create strategy and action plans based on insights. This position reports to the VP, Audience Development and is based out of our New York office.
- Manage the Email Service Provider (ESP) relationship for Radio.com’s efforts, including contract negotiations, meeting service KPI’s, testing of new features to ensure ESP is the ideal partner to meet our current and future business needs
- Create overall business strategy to achieve growth and engagement KPI’s
- Partner with the Editorial Director, GM, Video, Social, Sales and other department leads to create new products that help to expand audience and/or revenue goals
- Launch, manage and measure in real time the performance of editorial email campaigns
- Work with Product to impact strategy for direct data collection and use, as well as future database build requirements
- Provide expert advice, industry knowledge and best practices to the 230 station site digital leads, helping them to benefit from your expertise and learnings
- Work with Digital Analytics and Insights to create impactful and timely reporting and actionable analysis
- Direct all related reporting/analysis and help to identify where to optimize spend/tactics as needed to deliver KPIs
- Use analytics and research to identify potential content/traffic sharing partners & Influencers
- Evaluate performance of directed organic acquisition & retention efforts and direct strategy and output.
- Continually test and optimize organic and paid acquisition channels to drive down overall CPAs
- Direct ongoing audience development reporting & analysis (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly as needed) and regularly present insights and recommendations to relevant stakeholders
- Maintain an eye toward strategies being used elsewhere in the market that can be applied to Radio.com's audience development initiatives
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Experience managing and optimizing both organic and paid audience acquisition campaigns, preferably for an entertainment brand or digital publisher
- Proficiency with industry standard analytics tools (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Shareablee, Tubular, etc) as well as custom platform reporting (Facebook insights, Twitter Analytics as well as with custom platform reporting
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel and proficiency with other Office tools, including PowerPoint or Keynote
- Ability to present feedback and recommendations to stakeholders across various teams to influence decision-making
- Ability to advise on editorial content strategies & assist with developing content distribution plans
- Strong analytical thinker with the ability to flex into the creative space.
- Previous experience using Analytics tools to create advanced User segmentation
- Deep understanding of the Radio.com brand and audience is a plus. Passion for music, news, sports and entertainment is a must