Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
- Direct or coordinate the supportive services of the business unit.
- Prepare and review operational reports.
- Acquire, distribute and store supplies and manage vendor relations.
- Act as the primary point of contact for Human Resources matters for your location. Including but not limited to Employee Relations, on-boarding, terminations, record keeping, job posting, file maintenance.
- Management of payroll.
- Assist management with basic employee relations matters. Partner closely with Region HR team to escalate more serious issues.
- Assist with accounting: purchasing, and accounts payable/receivable.
- Interfaces with shared services, the governance team, HR and Corporate as needed.
- Assist Regional Controller with annual Budget and monthly Forecasts.
- Experience with Human Resources practices and processes.
- Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality requirements.
- Demonstrated competency with all Microsoft Office software.
- Experience working with a unionized workforce highly desirable.
- Interpersonal Savvy- relates well with all people.
- Builds rapport and effective relations, and uses diplomacy and tact.
- Approachability- is easy to approach and talk to; is a good listener.
- Action Oriented- enjoys working hard, and is action oriented.
- Problem solving & decision making- uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems, finds sources for input, makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Planning/organizing- prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Developing self & others- confident and assertive when providing coaching, guidance or direction.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree preferred, plus 3-5 years in a Human Resources, Payroll , or Office Manager capacity required.
Training/Equipment: Proficient in Microsoft Office desktop applications; Excellent database & spreadsheet skills, HRIS systems knowledge a plus.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: Fast paced, dynamic environment with deadline pressures. Position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, and well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority. Frequently handles sensitive and confidential material. Must demonstrate 100% confidentiality on all manners.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
First/Mid Level Officials and Managers