Capture Specialist, ChicagoApply
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Entercom Chicago is seeking an experienced Capture Specialist to develop, strategize, pitch and win government public outreach campaigns within the Federal/State/County/Local Government Agencies or Departments. This position works with PR, Behavior Change and Public outreach agencies who hold expertise, contracting vehicles or special skills to win communication RFPs in local, statewide and national media campaigns. Primary geographic area of responsibility will be the state of Illinois and office will be located in Chicago with potential federal agency work that may or may not be in the state of Illinois with minimal travel.
A Capture Specialist is responsible for strategizing and winning a business opportunity with government entities. They are the initial salesperson and will get be the dedicated resource once the government team decides to pursue a lead or respond to an RFP. The Capture Specialist will oversee the RFP response process as well as manage won contract opportunities through contract completion and rebid.
The Capture specialist should be an accomplished business developer who can drive lead generation and research opportunities but also understands client services, project management, and proposal development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Cultivate and grow relationship development at the government and Agency level with key decision makers;
• Ability to develop relationships and build partnerships in both public and private sectors;
• Proven project management skills and detailed documentation;
• The ability to uncover new revenues, cold call and be a “detective” to find the funding is necessary for success;
• Expectations of the candidate will be to drive and grow the California revenues and assist in management and execution of all campaign elements along with the Government Execution Team;
• Monitor government websites to continually find new opportunities;
• Identify new trends in marketing to enhance campaign proposals and effectiveness;
• These individuals are also held accountable for achieving contract award goals, revenue goals, successful campaign execution contracted;
• Sales experience is required - Outside and media sales experience is ideal but bit required
• Knowledge of government procurement is ideal but not required
• The successful candidates must possess exceptional communication, presentation, and negotiations skills.
• Deadline management is critical. Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• Must be self-motivated, goal driven and have a strong desire to succeed
• Active problem-solving, strategy development, and analytical skills
• The candidate must have a valid driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage.
• College degree preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled