Capture Specialist - Entercom BaltimoreApply
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Entercom Baltimore is seeking an experienced Capture Specialist to develop, strategize, pitch and win government public outreach campaigns within the Federal/State/County/Local Government Agencies and/or Departments. This position works with PR, Behavior Change and Public outreach agencies who hold expertise, contracting vehicles or special skills to win communication RFP's in local, statewide and national media campaigns. Primary geographic area of responsibility will be the state of Maryland and office will be located in Baltimore with potential federal agency work that may or may not be in the state of Maryland with minimal travel time.
A Capture Specialist is responsible for strategizing and winning a business opportunity with government entities. They are the initial salesperson and will be the dedicated resource once the government team decides to pursue a lead or respond to an RFP. The Capture Specialist will oversee the RFP response process as well as manage won contract opportunities through contract completion and rebid.
The Capture Specialist should be an accomplished business developer who can drive lead generation and research opportunities but also understands client services, project management and proposal development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Cultivate and grow relationship development at the government and Agency level with key decision makers;
- Ability to develop relationships and build partnerships in both public and private sectors;
- Proven project management skills and detailed documentation;
- The ability to uncover new revenues, cold call and be a "detective" to find the funding necessary for success;
- Expectations of the candidate will be to drive and grow the Baltimore/Maryland region revenues and assist in management and execution of all campaign elements along with the Government Execution Team;
- Monitor government websites to continually find new opportunities;
- Identify new trends in marketing to enhance campaign proposals and effectiveness;
- Held accountable for achieving contract award goals, revenue goals and successful campaign execution contracted.
Minimum of two years sales experience is required; outside and media sales is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of government procurement is ideal but not required.
- The successful candidate must possess exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills. Must be proficient with MS Office products (Word, Powerpoint, Outlook),
- Deadline management is critical; must have ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi-task in a fast past environment.
- Must be self-motivated, goal driven and have a strong desire to succeed.
- Active problem-solver with strategy development and analytical skills.
- The candidate must have a valid drivers license with proof of insurance.
- College degree preferred.
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.