Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Are you a compensation guru who is up for a challenge? If the opportunity to develop and lead a compensation program for a large organization sounds exciting and challenging to you; read on!
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. Entercom is the #1creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Seeking a Compensation Lead to lead the design, development, and implementation of Entercom’s compensation program and policies for all positions in all markets nationwide including executive, sales and digital.
This opportunity reports into our SVP, Human Resources and resides in our Corporate Headquarters in Philadelphia.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create cost effective compensation plans, policies, guidelines and procedures company-wide.
- Lead the design and implementation of compensation policies, programs, tools, and training to support Entercom’s business strategy.
- Drive planning of the systems and tools needed to successfully deliver compensation programs.
- Plan and conduct a company-wide compensation audit. Participate in compensation surveys to collect and analyze competitive salary information to determine company's competitive position.
- Provide expert counsel and guidance to management on programs that are competitive in the industry and frequently benchmark best practices, including subscribing to industry specific salary surveys.
- Provide recommendations on pay range decisions.
- Create policy and guidelines based on job evaluations (analyzing job responsibilities and qualifications, and FLSA classification), including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs.
- Manage the merit and bonus processes and make program design recommendations based on relevant market data as defined by company compensation philosophy.
- Provide leadership, counsel, and guidance on annual comp review and bonus planning.
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent experience required. CCP certification is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years’ compensation experience in a large company. Media industry experience a plus.
- Experience / involvement with conducting compensation audits and compensation survey’s strongly preferred.
- Strong teamwork skills required to work in a fast moving matrix environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to present information in a concise and meaningful manner to managers and executives.
- Demonstrated teamwork and relationship-building skills, and ability to lead by influence and example.
- Strong planning, organizational, consulting and problem solving skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to develop quantitative models (e.g. business case and complex forecasting). Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills with ability to drive consensus in cross regional and cross functional teams.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and handle confidential information.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint); and compensation management tools and surveys.
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
First/Mid Level Officials and Managers