Desktop Support Technician (New York)Apply
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
The Desktop Support Technician provides telephone and desktop support to users on day to day issues involving MS Office functions, Windows 7 and 10, Mac OSX, Virus/Spy ware, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, printers, BYOD smartphones, and standard applications for a user base covering multiple facilities. The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for providing Level 2 hardware and software support for desktop PC’s, laptops and peripherals, including IOS devices in multiple locations. The Desktop Support Technician will be responsible for the installation, configuration and troubleshooting of various desktop hardware, software and related peripherals including and not limited to printers, print servers, scanners and iOS and Android devices.
- Perform break-fix end-user desktop support to users in multiple locations and provide telephone and desktop support to the divisional community for software, hardware, and various infrastructure related issues.
- Ensure that all requests from user are logged and escalation procedures are followed.
- Install and configure desktop computer system hardware and software (including operating system and applications software).
- Install and configure printers and various network connected equipment.
- Participate in maintaining, testing and updating PC and Macintosh deployment images. • Assist in the maintenance of production desktop images: work with scripts to automate redundant tasks.
- Test and distribute security patches to clients; remediate any threats to the desktop environment (i.e. virus, spyware, malware, etc.).
- Participate in rollouts of new software/hardware to ensure consistency in technical standards.
- Perform after hours and weekend support, systems installation and maintenance, as required.
- This is a full-time position with a standard 40 hour work week, with a standard day of 8:30AM to 5:30PM
- Undergraduate degree in a computer science related field and/or equivalent work experience required.
- A Minimum of one year / Desktop Support or PC Support experience working in a mid-to-large corporate environment.
- Working knowledge of Windows 7 and 10, Mac OS X, and Virtualized Desktop environments.
- Basic understanding of Wired and Wireless Networking concepts, general troubleshooting steps, and network tools (Ping, Traceroute, etc.)
- Knowledge and familiarity with MS Active Directory environment including ability to manage AD objects (User and Workstation) – ie. reset user passwords, add/remove workstation, modify security groups and distribution lists, modify AD description), understanding of GPO, login scripts.
- Strong support in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, etc).
- Strong support and understanding of Outlook/Exchange mail client.
- Experience with desktop remote control software (System Center, MSRA).
- Understand computer imaging concepts (i.e. Ghost, RIS, PE, CloneZilla).
- Strong Analytical problem solving skills.
- Work well autonomously and in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Broadcast IT Systems, including Digital Audio Delivery Systems, Burli, VoxPro, Adobe Audition, Wide Orbit Automation Avid ProTools a plus.
- Understand and work with proprietary third-party applications and their vendors.
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.