Desktop Support TechnicianApply
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Radio is America’s # 1 reach medium and growing, with 93% of Americans tuning in weekly. Only radio is live, local and personal with massive scale, offering today’s advertisers daily audience engagement, unparalleled ROI, and powerful brand activation at a time when competitive media are becoming increasingly disrupted.
As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio.
Entercom is seeking a Desktop Support Technician to join its IT team based in Chicago.
The Desktop Support Technician will be responsible for delivering enterprise services and support for all information technology needs at our Chicago location. This role will be primarily supporting on-site employees along with remote support using the latest technology. As a Desktop Support Technician, you will initiate and/or continue the troubleshooting and triage work started by our Service Desk. You will also help our employees with walk-up instant help questions as well. Both of these tasks require a commitment to timely customer communications and world class customer service skills. Great communication skills both verbally and written are key to success in this position; both to technical teams supporting the tools you use and our internal business customers.
* Provide onsite support specific to end user devices (Thin Clients, Workstations, Audio Visual Computers/Displays, Multi-Functional Printers, IP Phones and peripherals)
* Manage moves, adds and changes for onboarding/off boarding of employees
* Installs and configures desktop & laptops with standard OS images
* Basic knowledge of Active Directory
* Basic knowledge of Lync, Communicator, Skype for Business
* Working knowledge of End-User/Client facing configuration of Office 365
* Knowledge of conference room and video conferencing technology
* Triage steps to determine User, PC, Network, or Application problems
* Monitor, update, and manage a ticket queue; provide timely updates to end users
* Network Printer installation / troubleshooting
* Mobility Management support on corporate and personally owned mobile devices
* Comfortable supporting mobile hardware (iPad, iPhone, Surface, Android)
* Management & tracking of inventory through full Asset Management Life Cycle
* Providing on-call support and holiday coverage based on business need
* Communicates and ensures users understand how to use technology available to them to its fullest capability
* Stays informed on new or emerging trends and technologies that provide clear benefits to the organization
* Assists in the development and documentation of IT procedures, training etc.
* Experience in IT deskside support and related incident/problem management workflows
* Proven experience in troubleshooting IT infrastructure and desktop issues
* Experience in supporting Windows/Mac desktop and laptop administration which includes OS imaging, anti-virus, printer and network, and Citrix
* Experience in Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 10, Apple OSX, Microsoft O365
* Understanding of laptop, tablet and mobile phones and syncing with business applications; guest connectivity for visitors
* Basic knowledge of Networking, wireless LAN, IP Telephony, storage and server technology.
* Familiarity with Oracle Financials, Wide Orbit, Citrix a plus
* Associates degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or related specialty, and/or equivalent experience/training
* Minimum of five (5) years of experience providing end user desktop support
Prior media industry experience preferred
Entercom Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer