Digital Content Intern NY ClusterApply
Job Schedule: Part-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Entercom Digital Media is looking for an Intern to work in our Content Department. The Content Intern will support the Entercom Local websites and streaming digital content with editorial/promotional needs. The responsibilities will include some or all of the duties listed below.
- Support for day-to-day content, including posts, interactive products, mobile apps, and streaming
- Help coordinate editorial calendar, research and generate ideas and pitches
- Assist with any web production work required for Special Projects
- Assist in researching and editing photos/images for markets and helping manage the photo library and stock image accounts
- Check homepages in all market websites daily to ensure that scheduled stories are published and DLs are regularly updated with new content. Help promote stories and content on other relevant websites.
- Help coordinate with Marketing on production of promotional audio spots (Listen Live)
- Help transcribe interviews for articles for Special Projects
- Assist in copy editing and fact-checking stories that are published
- Ensure that stories adhere to style guidelines
- Write social media content for Facebook and Twitter, which will be distributed to Entercom’ properties
- Help execute social media promotion plans for product launches, new content features and live events, such as the Grammys
- Actively participate in the Entercom Local, Entercom Local Sports and Radio.com social media accounts.
- Edit/build content using features in Wordpress VIP tool.
- Compile stats
- Prior experience in a professional environment; journalism experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must currently be enrolled in school, preferably a rising Junior or Senior majoring in journalism or broadcast
- Experience using Facebook and Twitter for professional purpose Ability to multitask, work hard
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must work well in a team environment, be self-motivated and pay strict attention to detail
- Attendance/punctuality is a must.
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Administrative Support Workers