Entercom Sacramento is looking for A DIGITAL AND SOCIAL MEDIA SUPERSTAR to lead the online strategy for our stellar properties which include KKDO, KRXQ, KSEG, KSFM, KUDL, KIFM-AM, as well as local podcasts and local content contributions to radio.com.
You will oversee the 24/7 production and content strategy for our local Sacramento properties. A key part of your strategy will be how to best integrate on air and online content and experiences across our properties. Additionally, this position will require seeking and securing editorial relationships with local writers, content partners and bloggers, setting and managing the local editorial calendar, overseeing the local editorial team and coordinating efforts with the local revenue team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Track engagement metrics for news and programming guidance.
- Collaborate with the national editorial and operations teams on overall editorial site strategies and project execution.
- Work with local marketing and programming teams to increase user / viewer / listener awareness of digital and social initiatives.
- Be accountable for achieving digital traffic goals.
- Set and manage the local editorial calendars for news, sports, politics, lifestyle and music.
- Supervise and schedule the editorial team.
- Cultivate, negotiate and maintain local editorial relationships and blogger pools.
- Collaborate with news, programming and revenue teams on content strategies and execution.
- You must have a strong appreciation for and work experience within the 24/7 digital news world and expert in social media promotion and practice.
- Thrives under unrelenting deadline pressure.
- Knowledge and passion for local news, sports, politics and music and proven to have sound news judgment and editorial standards.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A minimum of 5+ years digital/newsroom management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of WordPress, Photoshop and a working knowledge of HTML.
- College degree preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Majority of work day will be spent sitting and using a computer.