Digital Media Producer WCBS Newsradio 880Apply
WCBS Newsradio 880 is searching for a news writer/digital journalist to join our fast-paced news team as a Digital Media Producer. This is an editorial position. The ideal candidate has strong news judgment, ability to tell a compelling story and bring our on-air news content to life on our digital platforms in a thorough, accurate and timely manner.
Candidate must be focused, detail-oriented and work well under pressure within a 24/7 news gathering operation to produce quality news reports for WCBS880.com and our other digital media platforms.
Prior experience in a fast-paced digital news environment is a must.
This job requires flexible hours, including potentially working weekends, early mornings and evenings
- WCBS Newsradio 880 Digital Media Producers are expected to apply the above concepts in the following parts of their job:
- Developing original stories and content exclusively for wcbs880.com
- Work with the newsroom to produce compelling multi-media content for today's digital consumer
- Clear communication, teamwork, and attention to detail are essential
- Execute effective, company compliant messaging on social media, text, and e-mail platforms
- Program website section fronts to engage digital consumers
- Make sure all daily content production is optimized using SEO strategies
- Track daily web analytics and respond accordingly
- WCBS Newsradio 880 Digital Media Producers must possess a thorough understanding of digital/social audience habits and audience building and retention strategies, including but not limited to:
- Strong journalistic skills including news judgment, research, writing, and editing
- Knowledge of local and national current events, newsmakers, and issues
- How to use SEO strategies in building headlines, stories, galleries, multimedia posts, etc.
- Strong competency in posting content on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram in an engaging manner that promotes audience participation
- Experience with multiple social media platforms on behalf of a brand or publication. Proven success driving traffic and brand through these platforms.
- Understanding of basic web analytics and how to apply them
- Sports knowledge a plus