Director, Audience Development - RADIO.COMApply
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
The Director of Audience Development is responsible for driving audience acquisition and growth across RADIO.COM’s multi-platform digital footprint, with an emphasis on converting casual consumers at the top of the funnel to highly engaged community members within our O&O ecosystem. The ideal candidate has experience and proven expertise in using data and analytics to develop strategies and action plans. Close collaboration with our Tech and Editorial teams will be required.
You will set and support RADIO.COM’S audience growth goals across all key KPI’s, including uniques, pageviews, downloads, listening hours. Responsible for driving audience acquisition across digital and partner platforms, working closely with SEO, Social, Email and Mobile App acquisition teams to maximize performance from all disciplines. Identify new publishing partners and lead efforts to maximize audience growth by working closely with partners on trending content to leverage viral opportunities.
- Work with RADIO.COM’s GM and VP, Marketing to effectively set and communicate goals, focus and strategy to 48 local market leads
- Provide “top down” information, best practices, new partner roll outs and target KPI’s to local markets, including station GMs, program directors, promotions staff, on-air talent, and local sales managers, to support digital goals
- Identify, cultivate and manage audience partners, creating distribution for RADIO.COM content and driving O&O audience growth
- Work with GM and Audience Development team to determine growth opportunities and create new revenue generating products for sponsorship
- Provide timely reporting and actionable insights to editorial team and digital content leads in each market to drive growth from data insights
- Provide monthly pacing feedback to help station sites achieve their monthly and annual goals
- When needed, oversee all arbitrage and sales fulfillment efforts through SEM and CPC campaigns
- Communicate effectively and frequently with RADIO.COM’s executive team, as well as across all company functions and local markets with respect to overall strategy and tactical planning
- Partnerships & Outreach: You will develop deals and maintain relationships with social and digital influencers, publishers, and platforms to drive additional content distribution and audience growth, including places like Flipboard, Google News, and Apple News. You will work closely with the CEO to evaluate & model business development opportunities. • SEO: You will understand the basics of SEO and determine how to incorporate best practices into product development and editorial workflow. • Paid Marketing: You will determine the most strategic and optimized use of a limited paid marketing budget and manage marketing programs in determined marketing channels. • Revenue: Work closely with the revenue team on fulfilling their campaign requirements, especially across social media and work closely with programmatic revenue operations.
- Develop a strategic vision for RADIO.COM’s audience growth across channels in support of broader business goals
- Actively develop partnerships with external publishers, influencers and platforms to drive additional audience growth and support business development opportunities
- Use analytics to aggressively optimize all of our activities and understand user behavior
- Drive testing and experiments with Tech team
- Optimize use of limited paid marketing budget to support key audience acquisition goals
- Develop a content calendar for marketing initiatives
- 5-7 years experience in a digital marketing and/or partnership role
- Extensive experience developing full-funnel marketing strategies, with a successful track record implementing funnel analysis and optimization methods
- Strong balance between analytical and editorial thinking
- Effective relationship management
- Highly organized
- Experience with reporting tools and campaign tracking, tagging and testing and familiarity with tools such as Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Crowdtangle, comScore
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills, with the ability to successfully partner with multiple stakeholders
- Strategic thought leadership, and strong communication skills with a comfort in crafting and delivering presentations
- An entrepreneurial mindset and flexible team player
- Bachelor's Degree required
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.