Director, Corporate Business Development & PartnershipsApply
Entercom reaches over 130 Million + adults in the U.S. on a weekly basis across broadcast, digital platforms, streaming, podcasts, and events.
Radio is America’s # 1 reach medium and growing, with 93% of Americans tuning in weekly. Only radio is live, local and personal with massive scale, offering today’s advertisers’ daily audience engagement, unparalleled ROI, and powerful brand activation at a time when competitive media are becoming increasingly disrupted. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio.
Entercom is looking for a highly motivated Director of Business Development & Partnerships to initiate and assist in revenue enhancing partnerships. The role will be focused on developing and supporting growth strategies and new business development deals. This role will work closely with the Digital, Sales, Programming, Data, and Product teams and Entercom corporate development and senior management.
This is a great opportunity for someone who loves media, and wants to create value at the intersection between broadcast media and digital technology. The ideal candidate is interested in joining a business development team that facilitates partnerships across all areas of the business. The ideal candidate will have a desire to roll up his/her sleeves and take responsibility for the entire deal-flow process, from business needs and requirements, to partner identification, negotiations and execution, through post-deal hand-off and follow through.
The role will be based in Philadelphia and report to the SVP, Corporate Business Development.
- Identify, build, and manage long-term relationships with strategic partners in pursuit of revenue and audience generating growth opportunities.
- Initiate and complete proposals, presentations, negotiations and legal agreements with identified partners.
- Work with internal stakeholders to insure alignment and benefits.
- Manage entire process – initial outreach, negotiation, contract process, onboarding, management of partnership.
- Keep active pipeline of prospects.
- Partner with current VP and SVP of Corporate Business Development.
- MBA preferred, but minimum of BA or BS from an accredited 4-year university required.
- 3+ years of experience in digital/content business development and/or syndication.
- Strong knowledge of digital media marketplace.
- Experience in presenting new partnerships and strategies to C-level executives.
- Disciplined, well-organized, efficient and high-quality work output.
- Self-starter who thrives on innovation and driving ideas forward; not afraid to roll sleeves up and get hands dirty.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with extreme attention to detail while maintaining a sense of humor!
- Strategic thinker who is comfortable in a fast-paced, always-on, highly fluid start-up environment.
- Keen ability to translate complexity into simple and intuitive actions plans and communications.
- Experience meeting multiple objectives in an entrepreneurial environment with little supervision.