Director, Product - PublishingApply
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Entercom Communications Corp is seeking a Director, Product - Publishing, to join their Digital Team.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for audio (music, sports, news, talk and podcasts), publishing, content management systems, user experience, and delivering best-in-class products. This person has a track record of launching successful products that customers love and is an advocate for our users when meeting with cross-functional stakeholders and senior management.
- Create and drive the strategic vision and roadmap for the best digital publishing experience for entertainment, music, news and sports radio fans, grow the audience and increase engagement across all platforms
- Conduct regular competitive analysis and market & user research across the Digital landscape to stay ahead of new technologies, market trends and understand the needs and wants of our users.
- Gather, document and communicate product requirements and KPIs across all departments and facilitate roadmap prioritization to ensure products deliver on the needs of both the business and the user in a timely manner.
- Own the full product lifecycle for digital publishing through all phases from concept & planning through launch and beyond including post release analysis and user feedback. Identify what is and is not working and swiftly iterate on performance and features
- Keep all team stakeholders informed on progress, opportunities, concerns, roadblocks and timelines
- Coordinate with the technology team to formulate a smooth product development process and identify the tool set needed to efficiently release, refine and iterate on our our product.
- Lead the creation of analytics requirements for the collection of key data and work closely with business intelligence to gain insights to inform on product decisions moving forward.
- Communicate regularly with radio station management at the local radio stations to gather information and feedback about their listeners and their brands to effectively represent and serve them within the products.
- Work with the national and local sales groups to support what is need to successfully monetize the digital publishing platform
- Work with the Aud Dev, Marketing and Social teams to plan successful campaigns to grow our audience size and engagement
- Work with 3rd party distribution partners to deliver syndicated content (text, video and audio)
- Partner with Ad and Revenue operations on optimizing ad performance and maximizing yield through user experience, programmatic fill and optimal ad placements
- 8 to 10 years of product & engineering management experience in a medium-to-large media company overseeing publishing and editorial platforms.
- Experience working with and supporting multiple brands & extensions within the same cms platform
- Extensive experience working with common CMS platforms (Drupal, Wordpress, etc)
- Strong understanding of SEO and syndication best practices
- Working experience with analytics and AB testing tools (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Chartbeat, Tag Manager, etc)
- Technically and analytically savvy, with knowledge about how products are built and are comfortable defining, querying, and interpreting your own data
- Comprehensive understanding of editorial and publishing workflows including video and article syndication, internal syndication, and content workflows
- Experience managing 3rd party relationships including key partners, developers, and platforms
- Excellent cross-functional project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent quantitative data analysis and critical-thinking skills
- Passion for understanding customers and their behavior, particularly with regard to the audio and radio space
- Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.