Director of Digital Content & Social StrategyApply
Entercom Los Angeles is looking for an ambitious, motivated Director who has an eye and ear for digital media and understands how to grow an audience online. You live and breathe music and know how to identify the best moments, viral video or news to post to drive social engagement, web traffic and video views. You know exactly what your audience wants on social media and can provide video, photos and snappy copy for all platforms. You’re a go-getter who can work with radio station jocks, producers and staff to offer best practices for posting on social media, and know how to market content for a digital and national audience. You have experience leading and managing a team of creative individuals. You can roll-up your sleeves, write an article, produce a video and can post it all online.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following:
· Supervising and managing Digital Content and Social Strategy team
· Identifying audio moments originating from radio shows and transforming them into articles and produced video for digital consumption
· Writing daily headlines with SEO optimization for articles
· Pitching exclusive content to national team for press distribution and digital syndication
· Collaboration with Programming, Marketing, Sales, and Public Relations for sponsorships or integrations
· Identify and run with unique opportunities for engaging users on all social media platforms
· Managing content on social media platforms, websites and YouTube channels for multiple radio stations
· Strategic digital planning for radio station concerts, special events and artist interviews
· Originating creative ideas for content that appear across radio station digital platforms
BA or BS degree preferred. 5-7 years of digital editorial, video or social media experience for a music or entertainment news publisher. Proven ability to grow a website audience and social media copy with fast turn-around time. Ability to post engaging headlines, article text and social media copy with fast turn-around time. You understand key social media KPIs and have produced results in a fast-paced environment. Deep understanding of the Facebook Insights tools, Google Analytics, and at least cursory understanding of social analytics tools (i.e. CrowdTangle). Understanding online digital content with ability to engage national and local audience. Experience using Wordpress, Photoshop, digital video and audio players, embed codes and audio capture tools. Ability to multitask and adapt to a changing Environment. Can-do attitude with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and do any task required to grow an audience – no matter how big or small.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Valid state driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle required.