Director of Marketing and PromotionsApply
Entercom Denver is looking for a Director of Marketing and Promotions to lead the brand marketing and promotional strategy for our cluster. In this role, you will have a keen focus on the strategic marketing and promotion of our brands and related assets. With a focus on results, you will develop creative marketing to strengthen our brands, increasing our stations’ audience share, listener engagement and revenue across all platforms including broadcast, live events, digital extensions and social media platforms.
You must be innovative and passionate about radio, with experience in marketing, promotion, event creation and execution, with a focus on developing revenue generating ideas that get results. Candidate must be a creative, problem-solving self-starter who thrives in a fast paced business climate. This is a “roll up your sleeves” leadership role. Responsibilities include:
· Manage, lead and mentor the Marketing/Promotions department. Work directly and collaboratively with Programming, On Air Talent, Sales and other departments. This position reports to the market manager of Entercom Denver
· Create revenue-generating marketing and promotional events and contesting that take place on-air, on-line and on-site for all formats, working collaboratively with programming heads and sales directors
· Produce best-in-class cluster events, from concerts, business networking, remote broadcasts and community engagements
· Lead public relations strategy, including digital and social media strategies, station communications & press releases
· Help create client promotions and promotional proposals with Promotion Managers, Program Directors, and Sales Managers and assist in creation of sales marketing materials
· Use consumer insight, competitive data and market research to develop plans with outside advertising opportunities including branding partnerships & TV spots.
· Responsible for maintaining costs within department budget; annual budget planning
· Attend and participate in programming, sales and promotion meetings, brainstorming sessions
· Attend planning meetings to activate and execute events, programs and campaigns
· Adhere to policies regarding pricing, merchandising, commercial content, competitive product protection, contests etc.
· Work closely with the Director of Sales to seek, develop, & maximize new or current 3rd party (event, venue, or concert) partnerships: inspect & negotiate all revenue levers, promotional assets, sponsor inventory, revenue shares & profit
· Secure and negotiate revenue-focused deal terms for venue partnership agreements
You must have excellent multitasking and prioritization skills, be proactive and collaborative in your work and have a positive attitude, with natural ability to lead and engage others. You must have a clearly demonstrated understanding of brand marketing/promotional concepts, including live events, concerts, and audience engagement. In addition, you must have:
- 5+ years in promotional marketing & events
- Over air and online contesting experience
- Thorough knowledge of media sales and in-depth knowledge of research, marketing and branding
- Excellent organizational skills, detailed oriented and keen ability to multi-task and meet deadlines is required
- Proven ability to think “out of the box” and work collaboratively with many functional areas in a marketing/sales environment
- Innate ability to lead and engage others
- Must be creative, proactive and a problem solver