Director of Sales TrainingApply
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Rochester, NY, US
The Director of Sales Training is part of the Sales Operations Team and will be in charge of developing the training strategy, creating & executing training content, and developing the metrics to measure training effectiveness.
The position will report directly to the President of Sales Operations & will work closely with Sales Management, Sales Acceleration Team, Ad Sales Marketing, & business unit teams to develop the necessary training & tools to accelerate overall effectiveness of the field.
An important aspect of this role is to demonstrate overall sales team improvement in the following critical areas: product knowledge, effective customer management and prospect targeting, sales skills, value based selling vs transactional selling, deal construct, negotiating skills, & innovative selling.
The expectation is the individual will conduct appropriate field research to identify & prioritize training needs, develop required curriculum, execute training, measure its effectiveness, adjust as needed.In addition, this position will also be responsible to provide high impact training to relevant company leadership. This individual will attend management meetings, work closely with both Sales & Marketing personnel, and participate in appropriate planning meetings.
This opportunity is based in Rochester, NY.
Essential functions and duties:
- Create and implement an organizational training strategy focused on transitioning the sales organization from “Transactional Selling” to a “Value Based Selling” model.
- Be heavily involved in the planning and launch of all new products, services, & programs.
- Develop metrics which measure training effectiveness & adjust as required.
- Work closely with the Marketing personnel to improve product positioning statements, training, & customer requirements for 100% new products.
- Work with the Product team to improve the Sales team product knowledge.
- Develop and conduct new hire sales onboarding and training to accelerate their impact.
- Collaborate with Advertising Sales Marketing Team to develop training materials, visual aids and presentations.
- Develop testing and evaluation processes to assess proficiency and adoption.
- Collaborate with "subject matter experts" and external partners to define learning paths and components for new and current team, sales support functions, and sales management.
- Refine and improve professional development modules to only include current, relevant information.
- In conjunction with Product Team, monitor and remediate when necessary product knowledge & competency for all relevant processes & procedures.
- Create and manage curriculum development roadmap and training delivery calendar, including certification and reinforcement.
- Actively follow trends in adult learning to identify techniques and tools to enhance current curriculum and delivery methods; recommend and implement those that align with company needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum four years professional experience in progressive and dynamic businesses.
- A minimum of three years of experience in a formalized corporate sales training position preferably from Media, or Broadcast Industry.
- Understanding of advanced sales techniques, business development processes and a strong understanding of the Radio or Media Industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of leadership, management, and Value Based Sales techniques.
- Financial acumen
- Strong communication skills
- Effective at working as an individual contributor i.e. demonstrates initiative and is self-motivated
- Excellent teamwork skills i.e. works well with others
- Command of learning management systems, Salesforce.com, MS Office applications, and Financial reporting and analysis abilities
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated strategic focus
- Strong drive for success
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills
- Ability to challenge conventional mindset
- Proficiency with presentation and interactive tools for development of training materials
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.