Director of SalesApply
Director of Sales – Portland
Entercom Portland is seeking a high level sales management executive to provide leadership and vision to our seven station radio group for local and national sales efforts. This high-energy candidate will give direction, training, and feedback to sales management staff; experience in budgeting, pricing, and inventory management a must.
· Sales Management Coaching: Review each sales manager’s performance on a quarterly basis. Measure new business development, growth for key or target accounts, prime rate growth, average account size and number of accounts. Review appropriate AE staffing levels and performance of staff. Monitor recruitment activity.
· Pricing and Inventory: Develop ongoing revenue plan for each station. Review every piece of business. Set prime and fringe rates each Monday for each station. Review sellout for 30/60/90 days out. Perform pricing bucket exercise every six months. Understand the workings of radio trafficking systems.
· Budgeting: Develop and implement a sales plan that will meet station’s revenue goals with emphasis on new business, both local direct/agency and national.
· New Business Development: Work in tandem with DOS/Business Development on new business focus, advertiser lift and digital for local growth, including creating developmental plans for each station.
· Sales Related Awards and Training: Create and manage sales awards club program, sales associate training program, ongoing sales managers and AE training
· Set sales strategies and initiatives for the cluster
· Recruit and hire sales management team based on criteria agreed upon by senior management
· Must have strong focus on execution and accountability measures
· Minimum five years of broadcast sales management experience in a director of sales position, or higher, with a proven track record of success.
· Possess highly developed training and coaching skills including strong skills in organization, delegating, training, interviewing, and motivating sales people
· Supervise sales management staff plus traffic manager
· Demonstrate high energy level and aggressive attitude toward sales, sales training, and education and client relations
· Develop and maintain effective communication that will ensure adequate performance of duties assigned both to you and to your staff
· Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
· Organized with strong attention to detail
· Sales marketing capabilities
· Strong analytical skills
· Represent Entercom in a highly ethical and professional manner.