Engineer - Entercom HoustonApply
• Maintain integrity of technical plant for 100% reliability of on-air product; must be available 24/7 to aid with emergency issues.
• Maintain, troubleshoot & repair an entire broadcast technical plant, equipment and systems.
• Install technical equipment & systems at studios and transmitter sites in keeping with good engineering practices.
• Requires excellent documentation and reporting of wiring and equipment changes at the studio and transmitter sites.
• Assist in planning, development and deployment of all aspects of AM & FM radio technical facilities, including SIP based telco, satellite and IP/AoIP networks.
• Support station & field operations, as necessary, especially during major studio & field efforts involving complex technical operations.
• Create instructional materials and train others on proper operation of new technical equipment.
• Some supervisorial duties will be required.
• Maintain and Review weekly transmitter and studio logs for correct and complete entries.
• Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned
5 years of experience in radio broadcast facilities with minimum 2 years associate degree in electronics or 10 years hands-on maintenance experience with AM and FM radio facilities. Knowledge of digital audio playout systems desirable. SBE certification preferred. Valid state driver’s license for operation of company vehicles is required. Personal vehicle is required for 24hr response for emergencies. Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.