Executive Producer WJFK-AM ConnectingVets.comApply
CBS Radio seeks Executive Producer for ConnectingVets.com in Washington, DC.
ConnectingVets.com is a national resource for Veterans, particularly those in the early years of transitioning to civilian life. We create Veterans focused content on multiple platforms; connecting Veterans and their families to resources, topical information and lifestyle content, and relevant solutions to the unique issues Veterans face.
Day to day responsibilities include running daily content strategy meetings, developing story ideas and topics, contributing to website and social media platforms. Other duties include mentoring and managing staff, assisting in budget planning, recruiting and hiring. The Executive Producer also works closely with other departments including technical, sales, and finance. This position requires active participation in events, internal meetings, client meetings, and regular interaction with Veterans-focused organizations.
This is a player-coach role, requiring the ability to collaborate with multimedia journalists, teaching by doing. Being an excellent writer is a necessity; teaching others to find their voice is a plus.
The ideal candidate is former military or civilian who has worked in communications, media, and/or government with a strong understanding of the unique and complex issues Veterans face.
· 5 years editorial storytelling experience required and a minimum of 2 years in a management or team leadership role.
· Strong ability to tell stories in new visual ways, using emerging platforms.
· Proficiency with industry leading software.
· The vision to make sense of complex news stories and the talent to write or produce them in a fair, clear, concise, and lively manner.
· Familiarity with the culture, needs, and sensibilities of active military and veterans.
· Bachelor's degree or comparable military experience.
· Flexible schedule