Full Time Promotions Coordinator - WBMX-FM/104.3 JAMSApply
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (to include but will not be limited to):
• Contest Administration – maintain all on-air and web based station contests. Collect prizes from sales, provide copy to programming for on-air use, contact winners, and arrange for prize delivery and fulfillment.
• Maintain and manage PromoSuite which keeps all listener records and files, including an electronic database of prizes and contest winners.
• Maintains the station event calendar.
• Writes traffic/production orders for promotional inventory.
• Supervise and manage part time promotional staff including the coordination of in-office activity and off-site event staff scheduling
• Listener Service – respond to listener calls; research questions and follow-up with answers. Mail out station materials as requested. Manage all types of listener records and files.
• Ensures that all on-air promotions have proper paperwork and CBS legal approval, inclusive of adequate contest rules, contractual agreements and sponsorship agreements.
• Maintain and distributes the station event calendar.
• Serve as the station liaison on-site with event sponsors, station clients, listeners, and media, projecting a positive image at all times.
Event and Promotion Execution:
• Supervise on-site station promotions, appearances, and remotes from setup to break down; keeping the overall look and feel of the event with the station’s brand in mind while maintaining positive relationships with clients, event sponsors, listeners, and media while projecting a positive image at all times
• Working with Events & Strategy Directors as assigned; Coordinate aspects of station events including vehicles and equipment; prizes/giveaways; signage; website development; print advertising and the physical appearance; attend the events to manage on-site execution.
• Schedules all talent appearances and live remotes.
• Prepares purchase orders for events & station collateral needs– obtain management and legal signatures for each PO and P&L.
• Prepare recaps of events including timeline, promos, on-air activity, communication to staff and listeners, event specifics, location, logistics, and other results.
• Look for additional opportunities where station may grow in the area of visibility, revenue and community service.
• Be vested in full-time role as team player and solution provider, pitching in as needed to ensure department success
• Other Marketing/Event Experiences department duties as assigned by department director.
• College degree preferred
• One to two years of experience in media, event logistics/management or sales support activities
• Available for weekend, evening and early morning work
• Must be physically capable of long hours, extended exposure to the outdoors, and able to lift 50 pounds or more.
• Knowledge of printing, graphics, word processing, Photoshop and filing a plus
• Creative and journalistic writing skills a plus.
• Organizational ability and attention to detail are critical.
• The successful applicant will have to become familiar with all aspects of station programming and operations in order to respond knowledgeably to inquiries and work successfully with other departments.
Entercom Chicago Is An Equal Opportunity Employer