General Sales Manager
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Portland, OR, US
General Sales Manager – Portland
Entercom Portland is seeking a high level sales management executive to provide leadership and vision to our seven station radio group for local sales efforts. This high-energy candidate will give direction, training, and feedback to sales staff; experience in budgeting, pricing, and inventory management a must. This person must also have a strong desire to focus on nontraditional new business initiatives, including digital, non-traditional revenue and cluster partnerships. This position requires a proactive problem solver with a record of sales accomplishments.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual local revenue quota
- Provide consistent weekly coaching and sales strategy for sellers
- Develop AE’s new business skills and train them to be the best in the market
- Coach AE’s on business focus, advertiser lift and digital for local growth, including creating developmental plans for each station.
- Work with Market Manager on weekly sales meetings
- Closely monitor sales activity, pacing, budgets and inventory: work with other Sales Managers to maximize revenue opportunities
- Set sales strategies and initiatives with sales management team to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual local revenue goals
- Implement year round recruitment procedures to hire Account Executives based on criteria agreed upon by Market Manager
- Must have strong focus on execution and accountability measures
- Maintain effective interdepartmental relationships
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com
, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
First/Mid Level Officials and Managers