KALV-FM PT On-Air Morning Show Host
Job Schedule: Part-Time
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
LIVE 101.5 Phoenix (KALV-FM) & The Morning Mess, have an exciting opportunity for you to join the biggest morning show in the Valley of the Sun.
If you have an outgoing personality and enjoy entertaining we want to talk with you!
Our ideal candidate should possess an extremely good work ethic, is a self-starter, highly organized, and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment!
Applicants must be social media savvy, regularly contribute content to the station's website and YouTube channel, and successful candidates must be able to connect and engage with the station's target audience by keeping up with relevant trends and pop culture.
• Write, Produce, and execute on-air content pertaining to The Morning Mess brand.
• Conducts on-air interviews, attend and assist in all market cluster live events
• Monitors and identifies important news issues within the community and manage public file
• Produce commercials on a daily basis
• Conducts Live Remotes and appearances and assist in special promotions and programming activities
• Must have superior knowledge of current events and ability to create radio topics based on news & information
• Entertains and informs the listener audience both on the air, website blogs and social media outlets
• Create a minimum of 12 radio station website blogs per week
• Write assigned Facebook posts along with other social media outlets
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
• Computer literacy in applicable programs and excellent verbal communication skills
• Public speaking skill and ability to interact with listeners and clients in a public setting
• Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing
• Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels and to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines
• Skill in operation of control board, remote broadcasting, and other related production equipment
• PREVIOUS ON AIR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (CHR or Rhythmic Format is Preferred)*
Education and Licensing Requirements
• High School Diploma
• Must possess valid state driver's license
• May require lifting or moving up to 25 lbs. • Able to sit for extended periods of time.
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com
, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.