KYW-AM News DirectorApply
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
· Oversee daily operation of the newsroom including scheduling of staff.
· Coordinates coverage of breaking news stories and special coverage plans.
· Works with program director in recruiting, hiring, evaluating and training of newsroom personnel.
· Represents station at industry meetings such as RTNDA.
· Researches and prepares quarterly reports for corporate and public file.
· Develops potential news stories and assigns coverage.
· Coaches and mentors news staff.
· Other duties as required by management.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Position requires the majority of the day to be spent using a computer.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.