KYW Newsradio Part-Time Anchor/ReporterApply
KYW Newsradio, Philadelphia’s all-news radio station, is seeking an experienced, dynamic broadcast journalist to be an anchor and reporter on a part-time basis. A qualified candidate must be news-savvy, full of fresh and relatable story ideas, and willing to hit the streets on a breaking news story or jump into the anchor chair at a moment’s notice. She or he must be practiced and comfortable with conversational, compelling broadcast news writing and delivery. The ability to expertly ad-lib when the situation warrants is crucial. On-air experience and a working knowledge of the Philadelphia news environment are key.
- At least 3 years’ experience in an on-air role at a medium- or large-market news station, including field reporting.
- Ability to develop and effectively pitch story ideas
- A conversational, engaging delivery with or without a script
- Ability to interpret and simplify complex copy
- Ability to update copy on the fly as news warrants.
- Familiarity and experience covering news in the Philadelphia market
- Comfort with audio editing tools
- Comfort with using social media to gather news and promote content
- Knowledge of legal guidelines that govern broadcast media
- Ability to work flexible and irregular hours
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 170 million people each month through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at , Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).