LSM/New Business Manager - Entercom BaltimoreApply
Radio is America’s # 1 reach medium and growing, with 93% of Americans tuning in weekly. Only radio is live, local and personal with massive scale, offering today’s advertisers daily audience engagement, unparalleled ROI, and powerful brand activation at a time when competitive media are becoming increasingly disrupted.
As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio.
Entercom in Baltimore is looking for a dynamic, self-motivating Local Sales Manager with a proven sales history in NEW BUSINESS Development. The candidate should exhibit strong leadership skills and the ability to recruit and inspire the best talent. The successful candidate must demonstrate skills at training new account executives on how to prospect, get appointments, conduct a CNA and ultimately close direct/new business. This person must also have a strong desire to focus on nontraditional new business initiatives, including digital, ntr and cluster partnerships. This position requires a proactive problem solver with a record of sales accomplishments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
· Recruit and develop New Account Executives
-Develop AE’s new business skills and train them to be the best in the market
· Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual local new business revenue goals.
· Cultivate new business efforts to grow spot and non-spot revenue.
· Provide consistent coaching and sales strategy for sellers.
· Design training workshops for brand new sellers.
· Work with DOS on weekly planner meetings.
· Implement year round recruitment procedures.
· Monitor sales activity, pacing and budgets.
· Be a creative problem solver and motivator.
· Distribute leads to sales staff from multiple resources.
· Represent station with professionalism and integrity.
· Maintain effective interdepartmental relationships.
· Other duties as required by supervisor.
Minimum 5+ years’ experience selling new business clients on radio. Position requires a demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team of winners and to be a reactive problem solver with a track record of success with New Business, Direct and event sales. 4 year degree preferred.