Local Sales Manager (WPGC)Apply
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Entercom in DC is looking for a dynamic, self-motivating Sales Manager with a proven sales history. The candidate should exhibit strong leadership skills and the ability to recruit and inspire the best talent. The successful candidate must demonstrate skills at training account executives on how to prospect, get appointments, conduct a CNA and ultimately close direct/new business. This person must also have a strong desire to focus on nontraditional new business initiatives, including digital, non-traditional revenue and cluster partnerships. This position requires a proactive problem solver with a record of sales accomplishments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
· Develop AE’s new business skills and train them to be the best in the market
· Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual local new business revenue goals.
· Provide consistent coaching and sales strategy for sellers.
· Work with DOS on weekly planner meetings.
· Monitor sales activity, pacing and budgets.
· Be a creative problem solver and motivator.
· Lead and manage sellers on a day to day basis; provide consistent coaching and sales strategy for sellers.
· Closely monitor sales activity, pacing, budgets and inventory; work with other Sales Managers to maximize revenue opportunities.
· Strategize and implement plans to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual local revenue goals.
· Cultivate new business efforts to grow spot, non-spot, digital revenue.
· Work with Sales Managers on weekly planner meetings.
· Implement year round recruitment procedures; train new sellers.
· Distribute leads to sales staff from multiple resources.
· Represent station with professionalism and integrity.
· Maintain effective interdepartmental relationships.
· Other duties as required.
We are looking for a proven dynamic sales leader. You must possess exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills. You must be self-motivated, goal driven and creative, with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance.
· Minimum 8+ years experience selling radio, large market is preferred.
· Position requires a demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team of winners with integrity.
· Must be a reactive problem solver with a track record of success with Agency, Direct, digital and event sales.
· 4 year degree preferred.
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
First/Mid Level Officials and Managers