Manager, Strategic MarketingApply
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Title: Manager, Strategic Marketing
Reporting to: Associate Director / Sr. Manager, Strategic Marketing
Entercom strives to be world class at forging client-focused, multi-platform solutions, using its entire portfolio of assets, including radio, digital, social, mobile and live events. It’s all about passion: for creativity, innovation and delivering results for our customers and fans.
We combine 235+ powerhouse radio stations, our premium digital and audio publishing platform, Radio.com, live events in 48 markets and all other available channels, to create custom content and engaging experiences for consumers and clients.
Entercom’s Marketing Solutions team is an internal ‘agency’ that provides our sales teams with marketing solutions, media strategy, pricing/planning and activation to drive significant business with local, multi-market and an increasingly national client base. We develop customized ideas for brands that leverage the full scope of what Entercom can deliver, including best-in-class audio, video, digital, mobile, social and live events platforms.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for media and marketing partnerships, with strong project management skills, a collaborative spirit and results-oriented mindset.
Working closely with Sales, as well as Media Strategy & Planning, Research, Product, Editorial, Digital, Live Events, Activation and Design, the Senior Manager will deliver strategically developed proposals that grow existing partnerships and effectively drive new business, in partnership with sales, including National Client Partnerships and local/multi-market teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate strong understanding of client’s business and the consumer journey through active listening to sales and clients’ needs
- Articulate complex strategies and proposals in simple, easy to understand ways, for clients and salespeople alike
- Consistently surprise and delight sales by proactively delivering resourceful solutions that leverage all available resources, within the desired timeframe
- Work with media strategy and planning, as well as research, to ensure recommendations and proposals can be delivered in best-in-class fashion across Radio, Digital, Social and/or live events assets
- Actively participate in brainstorming sessions and proposal development
- Investigate creative, innovative approaches to strategically reach the target consumer
- Analyze competitive activity in the marketplace, including category-specific trends
- Assist in developing, measuring and implementing test opportunities for campaigns
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders, across divisions, to ensure that the best of Entercom’s assets are well-represented at all times
- A firm understanding of both branding principles and ROI driving tactics is critical
- BS/BA degree
- At least 5 years of experience in media and marketing across both traditional media and digital media, with an emphasis on National, Local and/or Multi-market audio
- Strong collaborator who consistently contributes to a culture where shared success is celebrated
- Experience responding to RFPs from National Advertising Agencies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite with Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment with revolving deadlines
- Ability to identify and solve problems, create and innovate on behalf of clients and multitask
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing the campaign process from plan creation to campaign optimization based on analytics
Cover letter and samples of work welcomed.
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.