Managing Editor, Sports - RADIO.COM
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Entercom Corp.’s RADIO.COM seeks a Managing Editor to lead the site’s Sports vertical.
This position is based in Philadelphia, PA and requires someone with strong sports news management, judgment, the ability to effectively communicate with market digital leads and her/his own team of producers and writers. The ideal candidate will also understand how to manage the distribution of content across all of our digital platforms, as well as third-party syndication partnerships, and a strong sense of what is buzzing in social media in order to creatively translate those trends into digital content.
Requirements for the Managing Editor include but are not limited to:
- Must be able to edit and improve stories, problem solve, meet deadlines and react well to breaking sports news in a pressure-packed environment.
- Understand audience development strategies across search and social media, and be able to work with the audience development team to grow the audience of her/his vertical.
- Responsible for coordinating with the video team on daily videos, bigger initiatives and franchises as warranted, working with Sales when required.
- Creating an annual editorial calendar to cover seasonal events, new tentpoles, and live broadcasts of sports-based news events.
- Understand analytics and be able to make actionable decisions based on data and the audience numbers.
- Have a working knowledge of SEO and social sharing best practices, and editorial partner platforms like Flipboard, Apple News
- Editorial and writing experience in sports; understanding of the sports news cycle
- 5+ years of experience in digital media
- Experience managing a team of editors
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior editors
- Proven experience working with teams in a metrics-based structure
- A passion for sports and/or prior experience with a news or sports digital publisher a plus.
- Please provide writing samples with your application
RADIO.COM is Entercom’s integrated digital platform where consumers discover and connect live with premium, curated content powered by over 235 highly rated, locally programmed radio stations and their websites, over 1,200 podcasts, audio on demand, and exclusive content across entertainment, music, news and sports. RADIO.COM\ offers anytime, anywhere access through the RADIO.COM mobile app and website, home listening devices including Amazon Echo, Amazon FireTV, Amazon Alexa, Sonos, Roku, Google Home, and Chromecast, as well as automotive dashboards and game consoles.
RADIO.COM is part of Entercom, a leading media and entertainment company and one of the two largest radio broadcasters in the U.S.
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 170 million people each month through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
First/Mid Level Officials and Managers