Mid-Level Account Executive, Entercom PhoenixApply
Radio is America’s # 1 reach medium and growing, with 93% of Americans tuning in weekly. Only radio is live, local and personal with massive scale, offering today’s advertisers daily audience engagement, unparalleled ROI, and powerful brand activation at a time when competitive media are becoming increasingly disrupted.
As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio.
Entercom has an outstanding opportunity for a Mid-Level Account Executive to join the sales team in Phoenix to develop and sell advertising and marketing campaigns to new and existing clients for its cluster of three stations: the new KMLE Country @107.9, 94.5 KOOL FM, and Live 101.5. With an emphasis on new business development and digital sales, the Account Executive will use a wide variety of products in CBS’ portfolio to solicit businesses for advertising in on-air, non-traditional, and digital platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Contact prospective customers to sell radio packages for broadcasting stations inclusive of commercial spot inventory, digital and streaming packages and non-traditional revenue.
· Spend at least 50% of work time engaging in sales and solicitations outside of the office.
· Responsible for exceeding sales budget and collection of solid accounts.
· Maintain account lists while soliciting new business.
· Prepare promotional plans, sales literature, and advertising proposals.
· Develop and maintain relationships with clients by providing top quality service.
· Investigate and resolve customer problems.
· Communicate with other departments to assure quality service in placing orders and arranging promotional events.
· Attend sales meetings, training sessions, and client remotes.
· Perform all other tasks perceived, assigned, and/or required to contribute to the smooth running of the department and to achievement of departmental and station goals.
· 1 - 2 years of experience in sales/marketing; previous radio sales experience preferred.
· Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
· Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, have a positive attitude and be an effective communicator.
· Must have a valid driver license and a reliable vehicle with state minimum required insurance.
· Must be a high school graduate; college preferred.