News Anchor (Part-Time)Apply
Radio is America’s # 1 reach medium and growing, with 93% of Americans tuning in weekly. Only radio is live, local and personal with massive scale, offering today’s advertisers daily audience engagement, unparalleled ROI, and powerful brand activation at a time when competitive media are becoming increasingly disrupted.
As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio.
1010 WINS, New York’s premier all-news station, is looking for part-time News Anchors. If you understand that compelling writing, great storytelling, and creative use of sound make for a great news product on-air and in the digital space then we want to hear from you.
New York is one of the most diverse cities in America. Our stories reflect its people, issues, politics, and quality of life. You must have the ability to work in one of the most demanding fast-paced newsrooms anywhere.
This is an extremely high-energy position that will require you to develop and maintain sources, have a working knowledge of legal and FCC rules.
Anchor responsibilities and requirements include:
- Extensive writing under deadline pressure
- Ability to continuously update copy throughout shift
- Must be able to read and understand complex material and turn it into easy to understand copy
- Must be able to run your own board including running faders for traffic, weather, sports, live reports, and other field elements
- Understand back-timing and hitting posts every few minutes throughout show
- Stay in control during breaking news without a script
- Handle live interviews
- Work with a team of seasoned professionals
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience, preferably in a major market
Please send resume and brief paragraph explaining your news philosophy.
Demo aircheck must accompany resume to be considered.