On Air Positions (Possible Current and Future Openings) - RichmondApply
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Richmond, VA, US
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs news, talk, music or other shows or programs for broadcast entertainment
- Establishes relationship with listeners by providing entertainment and/or information consistent with format, genre and targeted demographic audience
- Interviews guests, converses with callers, and hosts live events
- Ensures logged commercials, promotions, and any other programming essential to the station operation is aired
- Adheres to all guidelines, policies, and procedures of the station, the FCC and all other federal, state and local laws, including policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
- Assists with voice over and production of paid and non-paid spots required to run on the station
- Any and all tasks as assigned by the Program Director, Operations Manager and/or Market Manager
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 3+ years of on-air radio experience
- Audio Demo of on-air interviews, commentary, announcements, etc.
- College degree preferred
It is the continuing policy of Entercom Communications Corp. to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, or sexual orientation, national origin, age or physical or mental disability, veteran or disabled veteran status, and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. We solicit assistance on these openings and future openings. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.