Part-time On-Air Host (WJFK-AM)
Job Schedule: Part-Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Entercom seeks ON AIR HOST in Washington, DC.
Position consists of hosting news and talk programs focused on Capitol Hill, Defense, Military, and Veterans' Affairs in an incredibly past-paced deadline driven environment.
This is a hands-on position that spans every aspect of modern journalism, combining text, images, sound, video and graphics; to produce interesting stories.
The ideal candidate is former military or a civilian who has worked in communications in government or military with experience writing, editing, and conducting in-person interviews.
Job Duties Include:
- Hosting long form live and/or recorded news and talk programs for on-air, podcasting and video.
- Anchoring breaking news coverage, producing features, reading commercials, and contributing daily to website and social media platforms.
- Staying up to date on current events and issues important to active military and veterans.
- Responsible for establishing and monitoring news sources.
- Writing and producing quality news stories for multiple media platforms.
- Extemporaneous on-air delivery that conveys the sound of movement, immediacy, and urgency in a conversational , unrushed style.
- Flair for crafting simple, easy to understand, "ear catching" writing.
- The journalistic chops to make sense of complex news stories and the talent to write them in a clear, concise, and lively manner.
- Adeptness at handling live interviews and going "off script" during breaking news situations.
- This position requires extensive writing under constant deadline pressure and the ability to run a complex audio-console while live.
- Familiarity with the culture, needs, and sensibilities of active military and veterans.
- Up to date on FCC regulations and broadcast standards.
- Three years' experience as an anchor, reporter, writer, news editor or producer in any media.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant military experience.
- Strong drive to succeed, willingness to learn, and the ability to demonstrate all the requisite skills for the position will also be considered.
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
It is the continuing policy of Entercom Communications Corp. to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. We solicit assistance on these openings and future openings. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.