Part-time Web Content Specialist (DC)Apply
Job Schedule: Part-Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
This multimedia journalist is responsible for handling content across the Entercom Washington, D.C. market – with an emphasis on WPGC 95.5 and 94.7 The Drive.
The Web Content Specialist will strive to set the standard for interesting storytelling in a competitive, fast-paced landscape, while bringing creativity and innovation to work every day.
In addition to writing, editing and distributing shareable lifestyle, entertainment, sports and community-driven content across our many touchpoints, this person will work to achieve a high-level of cross-promotion between Web and radio, and work with other content specialists on strategies and initiatives to grow our presence in the D.C. area and beyond.
• Find, write and distribute content – that speaks to our diverse audiences -- in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Monitor shows and interviews, and efficiently turn on-air content into online packages, using audio, video and other multimedia.
• Understanding of how to leverage social platforms – including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube – to grow reach and engagement.
• Work closely with on-air talent to better integrate radio and Web and to increase interaction and engagement among listeners and followers.
• Aggressively seek opportunities for content-sharing across all our stations, understanding the unique audiences of each and applying that knowledge to make sound content decisions online and on social.
• Bring innovation and ways to leverage technology to improve and enhance story-telling techniques and methods.
· 2 to 3 years’ writing, editing and reporting experience required.
· Able to adapt and thrive under constant deadline pressure.
· Knowledge of social media and its relationship with consumers and web traffic.
· Attention to detail with content, including grammar, punctuation and layout.
· Strong ability to tell stories in new visual ways, using emerging platforms.
· Be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently.
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship.燭o request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.