Program Director - Entercom HoustonApply
Entercom Houston has an immediate opening for a talented and experienced Program Director to lead all aspects of radio's on-air, on-line, on-site, on-device experience in a leadership and operations role.
Essential duties & responsibilities include the following:
· Responsible for the total supervision, direction and overall performance level of all station personnel functions with specific emphasis on program coordination, development of unique content, promotions and multi-media strategies.
· Show by example the importance of the relationship between station and the local community.
· Ensures that programming and multi-media strategies is in and best serves the needs and interests of the station audiences and local community.
· Breath personality, understand the right balance of topics, news and lifestyle for the target and considers social networking digital platforms as the key to the future and leverage that to the station's advantage.
· Responsible for adherence and compliance to Company program standards and FCC regulations.
· Relentlessly create an environment of constant creation & implementation of dual purpose ideas that grow ratings and revenue.
· Win in a competitive landscape with enthusiasm, high standards for themselves and those who work for them.
· Develops and effectively manages department budget.
· Provides rating analysis and reporting.
· Has the ability to interpret station research.
· Critiques talent and measures performance.
· Establishes long-range plans.
· Maintains on-going communications with external industry and public organizations.
· Supervises use of any syndicated and/or outside services.
· Supervises all department staff.
· Other duties and responsibilities as required.
· Have creativity, heart, passion and intelligence.
Minimum of 5 years programming experience and 4-year degree in related field preferred. Must be self-motivated and possess excellent communication skills. Knowledge of FCC rules, geographical demographics and familiarity with broadcast area required. Must have a strong knowledge of RCS Selector and knowledge of digital automation systems.
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).