Program Director / KKWFApply
Entercom Seattle has an immediate opening for a talented, experienced battle tested Program Director for our Country station KKWF.
Essential duties & responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for the total supervision, direction and overall performance level of all station personnel functions with specific emphasis on program coordination, development of unique content, promotions and multi-media strategies.
- Show by example the importance of the relationship between station and the local community.
- Ensures that programming and multi-media strategies best serve the needs and interests of the station audiences and local community.
- Breathe personality, understand the right balance of topics, news and lifestyle for the target and considers social networking digital platforms as the key to the future and leverage that to the station's advantage.
- Responsible for adherence and compliance to Company program standards and FCC regulations.
- Win in a competitive landscape with enthusiasm, high standards for themselves and those who work for them.
- Develops and effectively manages department budget.
- Provides rating analysis and reporting.
- Has the ability to interpret station research.
- Critiques talent and measures performance.
- Establishes long-range plans.
- Maintains on-going communications with external industry and public organizations.
- Supervises use of any syndicated and/or outside services.
- Supervises all department staff.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Have creativity, heart, passion and intelligence.
- A great leader and coach that can energize the entire staff and protect the brand while at the same time work closely with sales.
- Knowledge of FCC rules, geographical demographics and familiarity with broadcast area required.
- Must have a strong knowledge of Music Master and knowledge of digital automation systems.
- Minimum of 5 years in radio programming management and 4 year degree in related field required.
- Must be self-motivated and possess excellent communication skills.
- Know how to win in the PPM universe.
- Major Market Experience Preferred but not mandatory, preferably in Country format
- Creative, Creative, Creative! What’s that “thing” that will make your station?
- Great label, artist and manager relationships are a plus.
- Bring great Social Media and Digital ideas that will ignite the audience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and, if a personal vehicle is required, insurance.
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 170 million people each month through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at , Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).