Program Director - WAAF-FM
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Entercom Boston/ WAAF 107.3 has an immediate opening for a Program Director. The Program Director will be responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the radio stations' brand experience, including on-air content, events, promotions, contesting, and digital presence. Applicants should have proven leadership and management skills and experience, strategic thinking skills with the ability to communicate a clear vision, and motivate and inspire those around them. Experience with talent coaching, event management, copy writing, a deep knowledge and understanding of branding/imaging and effective digital engagement are required and creativity is mandatory! Applicants should have at least 5 years of programming experience, understand PPM audience measurement, FCC rules and regulations, have the ability to work hand-in-hand with sales to develop new and existing business and programming opportunities, meet deadlines, and have fun.
• Plan and oversee the on-air experience of the station, including programming, music, production, and personalities.
• Attract and grow audience share, ratings, and revenue.
• Work with sales team to develop new revenue generating opportunities for new and existing partners.
• Coordinate with programming and sales staff to plan and execute marketing, promotions, events, and image campaigns.
• Identify, recruit, manage, and coach on air talent and producers.
• Direct and monitor station’s programming and activities in conformance with FCC rules and regulations, company policy and applicable federal, state, and local laws.
• 5-7 years’ experience in programming - Alternative/Active Rock formats preferred
• Experience using Nielsen PPM analysis tools to gather & analyze ratings data and then make informed business decisions based on them.
• Working knowledge of music scheduling software (Music Master) and storage (WideOrbit).
• Ability to multi-task and capable of working with specific deadlines, highly organized, and comfortable delegating responsibility.
• Flexible, creative, and innovative in using technology to deepen listener and client relationships.
• Ability to manage and motivate staff, in addition to working well as a member of a team.
• Knowledge of federal, state and local contesting rules and regulations.
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com
, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
First/Mid Level Officials and Managers