- Responsible for the total supervision, direction and overall performance level of all station personnel functions with specific emphasis on program coordination, development of unique content, promotions and multi-media strategies.
- Show by example the importance of the relationship between station and the local community.
- Ensures that programming and multi-media strategies is in and best serves the needs and interests of the station audiences and local community.
- Breath personality, understand the right balance of topics, news and lifestyle for the target and considers social networking digital platforms as the key to the future and leverage that to the station's advantage.
- Responsible for adherence and compliance to Company program standards and FCC regulations.
- Relentlessly create an environment of constant creation & implementation of dual purpose ideas that grow ratings and revenue.
- Win in a competitive landscape with enthusiasm, high standards for themselves and those who work for them.
- Develops and effectively manages department budget.
- Provides rating analysis and reporting.
- Has the ability to interpret station research.
- Critiques talent and measures performance.
- Establishes long-range plans.
- Maintains on-going communications with external industry and public organizations.
- Supervises use of any syndicated and/or outside services.
- Supervises all department staff.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Have creativity, heart, passion and intelligence.
We need a battle tested Program Director that knows how to win in the PPM universe. A great leader and coach that can energize the entire staff. Protect the brand but at the same time work closely with sales. Major Market Experience Preferred but not mandatory. Minimum of 5 years in radio programming management and 4 year degree in related field required. Must be self-motivated and possess excellent communication skills. Creative, Creative, Creative! What’s that “thing” that will make your station? Great label, artist and manager relationships is a plus. What Social Media and Digital ideas do you have that will ignite the audience. Knowledge of FCC rules, geographical demographics and familiarity with broadcast area required. Must have a strong knowledge of Music Master and knowledge of digital automation systems.