Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Sports Radio Network, a 24/7 live sports network based in NYC, is looking for an experienced radio program director to oversee the Network’s programming. You'll be responsible for directing all aspects of the on-air product, including coaching & supervising the on air staff and to expand the Network’s digital assets including streaming, podcasts and website. You will serve as the administrative link between programming and network affiliates located across the country.
- Responsible for the total supervision, direction, and overall performance level of all network staff and functions, with specific emphasis on program coordination, content and scheduling.
- Responsible for adherence and compliance to Company program standards and FCC regulations.
- Establish and communicate programming and content goals and vision, and then clearly measures their results.
- Develops and effectively manages CBS Sports Radio Network programming budget.
- Provides rating analysis and reporting.
- Critiques talent and measures performance.
- Establishes long range plans.
- Maintains on-going communications with external industry and public organizations to promote the network.
- Supervises use of any outside services and all department staff.
- Accountable to the Network’s partner and all Network affiliates.
- Provide programming leadership in a sales-friendly environment.
Substantial program director experience within Sports or News/Talk is required
Excellent communication skills
Knowledge of FCC rules
Experience working with high profile talent and talent contracts
Experience with syndicated programming
Experience in developing and managing programming budget
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com
, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
First/Mid Level Officials and Managers