Public Relations Representative-Part-Time, Rochester
Job Schedule: Part-Time
Job Location: Rochester, NY, US
Entercom Rochester is seeking energetic, responsible, outgoing, positive, and self-motivated individuals who are capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment while representing our five radio stations (92.5 WBEE, 98 PXY, 96.5 WCMF, 98.9 The Buzz, and 95.7FM / 950AM ESPN Rochester) at promotional and station events. This is a part time position, up to 25 hours per week. Actual number of hours vary weekly (as needed for events). This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door to start in a career in marketing, promotions or public relations.
- Responsible for the execution of on-site Station major events, client remote broadcasts and appearances and charitable community events based on Station Promotion Director(s) instructions/expectations, which includes, but are not limited to:
- Setting the stage for visual brand imaging of radio Station for each event
(Ex: set up of banners, booth display, games/giveaways, balloons, etc.)
- Setting up remote broadcast technical equipment
- Executing Station giveaways and distributing client and/or Station promotional materials
- Taking digital photos and conducting customer/manager interviews for client recap purposes
- Actively engage with listeners and clients.
- Drive station vehicle(s) to client locations or events.
- Attend Public Relations Representative team meeting at Station monthly, or as needed.
- Represent Entercom in a highly ethical and professional manner.
- Must be 18+ with a valid driver’s license.
- Must provide own transportation to/from Entercom Rochester for events.
- Must possess strong communication skills, be highly motivated, energetic, creative, and able to work independently.
- Must be available to work flexible hours (college classes can be worked around), including weekdays, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Prior customer service and event execution experience preferred.
- Background in communications and marketing helpful.
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com
, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Administrative Support Workers