Radio Broadcast Engineer - DenverApply
Entercom Denver (KALC/KQKS/KQMT/KEZW/COMEDY), a well-known Denver radio broadcasting company, is looking for a rock-star radio broadcast engineer to assist in the operation and maintenance of studios and transmitter sites. Knowledge of the use and repair of both analog and digital equipment is required. The engineer needs to have project and team experience. A bachelor's degree or related certification is listed as a plus.
This position is responsible for the deployment, monitoring, maintenance and repair of broadcast radio equipment and Broadcast IT computer and data network assets in the in collaboration with the director of engineering and station staff.
Duties will include:
- Participate and contribute to the design, development and deployment of complex broadcast production equipment systems as well as computer and data network assets in the Broadcast Engineering environment
- Occasional direct execution or participation in major or high-visibility remote broadcasts and/or promotions.
- Work with DOE as directed with studio matters, transmitter sites and other various technical tasks
- The employee, along with the Director of Engineering will be on 24-hour call and will serve as the standby when the Director of Engineering is unavailable.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Knowledge of technical facilities, complex broadcast production equipment systems as well as computer and data network assets in the Radio Broadcast environment
- Ability to rapidly diagnose problems, and provide alternative solutions if needed to maintain deadlines.
- Ability to work evening, weekend and/or overnight as needed to accommodate projects, facility availability, and emergency service.
- Experience maintaining and supporting AM and FM transmission systems is a plus.
* Experience with Directional AM transmission and FM master antenna systems is a plus.
- Ability to express complex concepts verbally and in written documentation
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, motivation, and sense of urgency.
- Ability to work with diverse personalities.
- Ability to work alone and/or part of a team.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to drive in various road and weather conditions required.
- Must have at least two years of college or technical school training; or equivalent combination of education & experience. Primary focus during this work experience should have been operating and supporting a varied array of radio and or broadcast products.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
· Lift up to 40 lbs. up to 1/3 of time.
· Moderate to very loud noise.
· Frequently will be in a studio or at a live event with unforeseeable environments.