Radio Production Assistant - SacramentoApply
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Radio is an experience. From the songs to the DJs to the commercials. At Entercom, we believe every audio experience should be captivating.
Entercom Communications is seeking a skilled audio producer to join our commercial production team based in Sacramento, California. This individual will be responsible for writing and producing high-quality commercials for air on-air and online. The Production Assistant will work directly with the rest of the production team to realize the shared creative vision for each of our clients and partners. This individual will also be involved in client recordings, brainstorms and marketing workshops. They may provide audio support for other Entercom platforms such as social, video and internal corporate projects.
With radio’s enormous audience (93% of Americans weekly) comes a huge variation across our listenership. The Production Assistant must have a proven ability to produce commercials in a variety of styles, appealing to different regions, age groups and ethnicities.
We’re looking for:
- Audio Mastery – You have a 6th sense for taking an idea or a script and crafting a sonically perfect commercial message. You can coach a flawless vocal delivery, source music that fits the message to a “T” and master an audio experience that pops on the air. You must have at least 2 years of full-time audio production experience and proficiency with Adobe Audition, ProTools or similar DAW.
- Passion for Success – This is a creative position, but you should care deeply about the actual success of the commercials and campaigns you develop. You don’t settle and you’re self-motivated to always be better.
- Attention to Detail – “Less than” doesn’t float with you. Whether it’s a weird pop in a music bed or timing a vocal cue to just the right beat, you can’t help but want to deliver award-winning creative every time.
- Time Management Excellence – Radio is 24/7 and deadlines will come down the pipe quickly. You should be organized and able to manage your time effectively every day in anticipation of last-minute needs.
- Collaborative Spirit – We’re better together and creative collaboration can yield extraordinary results. You’ll be expected and encouraged to share, and perhaps more importantly receive, constructive feedback. You believe anyone can have the right answer to a problem.
- People Skills – Radio is full of strong personalities. It’s vital that you can communicate effectively with anyone.
- Positivity – Radio is simply a fun industry in which to work. We hope you’ll recognize and embrace that idea.
In addition to a professional résumé, please provide:
- A demo reel of your best commercial audio production, no more than 2 minutes in length.
- A demo reel of your best voice work, no more than 2 minutes in length.
- (If possible) A sampling of your creative copywriting.
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.