SEO Manager, Radio.comApply
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
This role is responsible for building and growing organic traffic in the US, by working in close collaboration with editorial and commercial teams in different cities. The main responsibility of this role is to drive a quality audience to visit and engage with our US digital properties in cities like New York, LA, Chicago, and San Fransisco, through use of SEO recommendations, content planning, and data analysis. The ideal candidate will be someone who is an SEO professional who has experience driving traffic growth working with editorial teams.
- Provide editorial teams with keyword, copy, and layout recommendations for implementation based on driving maximum traffic and engagement
- Track and plan for seasonality to ensure timely publishing of appropriate content to ensure content is optimized for each city
- Be our SEO evangelist and educate and workshop editorial teams on SEO guidelines and best practices
- Monitor performance of the site against traffic targets, identifying areas for improvement, and provide recommendations based on SEO research
- Analyze and translate quantitative data from web analytics tools into an actionable audience growth plan that aligns with our content, product, and commercial agenda and that will deliver engaged traffic and revenue; communicate plan to stakeholders
- Provide regular reporting against forecast. Distribute audience growth and actionable performance insights across the organization.
- Work closely with editors to create new content or update existing content that helps develop our target audiences
- Monitor competitors and provide recommendations to ensure all local stations have maximum market share
- Help build editorial calendar based on SEO research
- Actively seek out opportunities to improve SEO performance; communicate tactical and strategic recommendations to non-technical/non-analytical audiences
- Help to improve workflows through the analysis of existing editorial and business processes, identifying innovative alternatives, and recommendations for more effective or efficient ways of working
- Provide On-Page Optimization recommendations for META data, headings, internal links and URLs
- Remain up-to-date on SEO best practices, Google algorithm changes, and the search industry. Maintain expert knowledge of SEO and content planning.
- Become our in-house expert on the SEO and web analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, keyword tools, Searchmetrics, SEMrush, Moz, GSC, etc)
- Ad hoc projects supporting the growth and expansion of our company, including sales-based campaign efforts
- Our ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience in analysis for data-driven content and/or product strategies for a B2C digital media brand.
- Hands-on knowledge of how research and strategy can inform effective content creation and optimization.
- A strong working knowledge of sitemaps, webmaster tools, robots.txt, search console, Google News, Ad Words, and competitive SEO tools (Conductor, Brightedge, Ahrefs, DeepCrawl, SEMrush, Moz) required.
- Proficient analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions and determine strategies based on data.
- Familiarity and working knowledge of web analytics software such as: Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Crowdtangle and Google trends.
- Strong communication skills to liase with stakeholders to understand their needs and transform conversations into action
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.