SVP/MM, Portland MarketApply
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Portland, OR, US
Are you an executive that sets high standards of excellence for your organization? Do you have a track record for delivering exceptional results today and yet never stops exploring new ideas and better solutions for tomorrow?
Entercom Portland is seeking a dynamic leader for our group of outstanding radio stations, widely attended events and innovative digital marketing solutions. We are looking for a SVP/MM who leads from the front with grit and confidence and who is committed to making Entercom a great place to work. You must be a relentless advocate for radio, passionate about our listeners, a great partner to our clients and an outstanding corporate citizen in the community.
Entercom Portland covers six distinct station formats that mirror diverse, nuanced and quirky Portland lifestyles. We are the ONLY radio cluster with live and local programming in every daypart, with influential on-air personalities who are true Portland insiders. Our unique fan events deliver high engagement and cultural resonance. Portland Entercom is a true partner curating customized integrated campaigns and solutions.
The core responsibilities for our SVP/MM include:
- Recruit, develop and retain a team of highly engaged employees in an accountable yet collaborative environment
- Supervise, coach and motivate the market leadership team
- Responsible for delivering top line sales results and EBITA
- Act as the Chief Revenue Office by establishing and maintaining deep relationships with key clients.
- Build a strong business development sales culture.
- Leverage Entercom’s many resources to grow revenues, achieve outstanding results
- Forecast sales and expenses to the corporate office
- Protect the FCC licenses of all properties by operating in full compliance with FCC policies, local and federal laws, and company policies
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary
- Proven track record of achieving exceptional sales results.
- Considered one of the best in the business with 7- 10 years’ experience in Broadcast Media; direct radio experience a plus
- 3-5 year’s operational leadership experience; as a General Manager, Market Manager or Director of Sales
- Must have direct experience managing a P&L and successfully exceeding top-line revenue goals and managing expenses to plan
- High energy, collaborative, roll-up-your-sleeves leader with a high level of business integrity and ethics
- Strong business acumen, operational knowledge, analytic abilities and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to develop, structure, and execute business strategies; predicting local industry trends, allowing the business to stay ahead of the curve
- Stellar written and verbal communications skills with experience and comfort interacting extensively with senior management, clients and community leaders
- Bachelor's degree, a must. Advanced degree, a plus
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship.To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
First/Mid Level Officials and Managers