Sales Assistant - NY Radio (WFAN, WCBS-FM, 1010WINS, WCBS-AM, 92.3, 102.7)
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Entercom New York is seeking a bright, energetic, self-starter for a Sales Strategist position. We are looking for a professional, detail oriented individual who can multi-task and has exceptional organizational and computer skills to support Sales Managers and Sales Staff and act as a liaison between Account Executives and clients when appropriate. You must have a keen interest in launching a sales career and be capable of multi-tasking for a variety of personalities in a lively fast paced environment. In this role, you will:
- Create sales presentations by compiling data; developing presentation formats and materials; creating and/or maintaining one-sheets and media kits
- Maintain account lists, client database and sales contract book
- Update managers by consolidating, analyzing and forwarding daily action summaries
- Obtain local invoices for clients/agencies as needed; interacting closely with Traffic Department to ensure smooth execution of sales orders and track down missing copy and instructions
- Resolve order and inventory problems by investigating data and history; identifying alternate means for filling orders; notifying managers and customers
- Work as a team with other departments, individuals. Collaborate with other departments to gather and arrange information needed for client pitches
- Work to improve internal communication within the departments
- Attend sales meetings, training sessions and client remotes as needed.
- Consult, collaborate and brainstorm with sales team on big ideas and lead generation.
We look for recent graduates who have demonstrated the following qualities in their academic, extra-curricular and work experiences:
* Exceptional in presentation, negotiation and written/verbal communication skills
* Energetic and confident with the ability to think and learn on-the-spot
* Professionally polished, poised and determined
* A motivated self-starter and independent worker
* Able to effectively utilize research in presentations
* Fast-paced, self-driven, assertive and results orientated
* Skilled with a high degree of time management and organizational skills
* Able to work effectively and efficiently under pressure and stress
* Able to demonstrate initiative and the ability to manage one’s business with minimal supervision
* Prepared to deal with rejection in a positive and professional manner
Successful candidates must also bring with them:
* College degree
* Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle with appropriate insurance
* Great written and interpersonal skills required
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com
, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Administrative Support Workers