Entercom is an innovative, rapidly growing media, entertainment and marketing company which operates the country’s fourth largest radio broadcasting company, as well as large events and digital marketing businesses. We operate 127 highly-rated stations in 28 top markets from Los Angeles to Boston and from Portland to Miami, featuring the best, locally programmed stations with outstanding local personalities and a curated mix of great music and compelling news, talk and sports content. We also operate hundreds of events each year, attracting millions of attendees, and run a full-service digital marketing solutions division, Smart Reach Digital. Entercom is a financially strong organization with a 47 year operating history and is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange.
Entercom Portland is seeking an experienced sales management executive to provide leadership and vision for our six-station radio group sales efforts. This high-energy candidate will give direction, training, and feedback to our sales team; experience in budgeting, pricing, and inventory management a must.
· Measure new business development, growth for key or target accounts, prime rate growth, average account size and number of accounts. Review appropriate AE staffing levels and performance of staff.
· Pricing and Inventory: Develop ongoing revenue plan for each station. Work with our rate card system and review every piece of business. Review sellout for 30/60/90 days out. Perform pricing bucket exercise every six months. Understand the workings of radio trafficking systems.
· Budgeting: Develop and implement a sales plan that will meet station’s revenue goals with emphasis on new business, lift, digital and event sponsorship revenue.
· New Business Development: Create and lead from the front on a new business focus, inclusive of advertiser lift and digital and station-specific/cluster developmental plans.
· Sales Related Awards and Training: Create and manage sales awards club program, sales meeting training and ongoing infield coaching.
· Work with GM and DOS on sales strategies and initiatives for the cluster
· Develop a recruitment program and recruit/hire based on criteria agreed upon by senior management
· Create a strong Depth of Contact Strategy for key and target accounts
· Minimum five years of broadcast sales management experience with a proven track record of success.
· Possess highly developed training and coaching skills including strong skills in organization, delegating, training, interviewing, and motivating the sales team
· Supervise sales support staff
· Demonstrate high energy level and aggressive attitude toward assertive selling, training, positioning our stations and industry
· Develop and maintain effective communication that will ensure adequate performance of duties assigned both to you and to your staff
· Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
· Organized with strong attention to detail
· Sales marketing capabilities
· Strong analytical skills
· Represent Entercom in a highly ethical and professional manner.
· Possess valid driver license and vehicle insurance