Sports Talk Show Host/Programming AssistantApply
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide a high energy, compelling sports talk show (1-4pm) that will generate the highest ratings and yield the greatest revenue on Upstate South Carolina’s fastest growing sports station. Must be a master interviewer and an entertaining, engaging on-air host. This person must create content for owned digital platforms to maximize exposure and revenue. Play by play experience helpful. This person will also assist the Program Director in scheduling and other duties. Positive minded, team players need only apply.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Should have strong opinions and overall sports knowledge.
• Know-how in developing a show that builds audience size and loyalty.
• Knowledge of local and national sports teams and sports figures is essential.
• Outside PR for the radio station for promotional purposes.
• Work holidays as sports events merit.
• Numerous station events for sponsors and station partners.
• Broadcast numerous live remote broadcasts from various locations.
• Open to the endorsement of products for sales related opportunities.
• Open to limited travel for major sporting events.
• Comfortable creating videos for content and streaming on station website and social channels.
• Personality will be encouraged to participate in charitable/promotional events on behalf of the station.
• Travel may be required to broadcast local and national sporting events.
• Other assigned duties required by management
- A minimum of 3 years on-air Radio/TV - Experience as a writer for blogs, or sports publications is helpful and a command of overall sports knowledge.
- Strong on-air communication skills.
- Ability to work successfully with people at all levels of authority, experience and training; encouraging them to do creative and satisfying work under a variety of conditions
- Must be computer literate with excellent writing and communication skills.
- Must be proficient in editing audio and video sports sound and interviews.