Sr. Director, Media Strategy & PlanningApply
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
We are looking for a self-starter who is energetic, passionate and experienced, to join our Marketing Solutions team as a Senior Director or Media Strategy and Planning. The primary responsibility of this newly-created role is to lead the Media Strategy & Sales Planning team in delivering strategic media plans that deliver against client objectives, resulting in high rates of retention and new business growth.
Working closely with Sales, as well as Strategic Marketing, Sales Operations, Sales Research, Product, Editorial, Digital and Activation the Senior Director will help set the vision for the group while working with his/her team to ensure campaigns are strategically developed, executed, optimized and measured. This includes ensuring that all pre/post-sale processes involving media are seamless and ever-improving, including plan development, order entry, traffic and billing. The Senior Director will also serve as the primary liaison to Katz, on behalf of sales and the marketing solutions team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate strong understanding of client’s business and the consumer journey
- Create media plan recommendations for Radio, Digital, Social and live event assets
- Lean into strategic thinking to help develop business and consumer centric media plans
- Actively participate in brainstorming sessions and proposal development
- Strategically select media channels and help determine scheduling and delivery parameters.
- Investigate creative, innovative approaches to strategically reach the target consumer
- Analyze competitive activity in the marketplace
- Development and writing of client facing cross channel plan recommendation including plan presentations with accompanying flowchart and budgets
- Work closely with research and analytics teams, to review and analyze campaign results
- Assist in developing, measuring and implementing test opportunities for campaigns
- Collaborate with key partners including clients, internal teams and sales leadership
- Lead a team of Integrated Sales Planners and Campaign Managers, whose roles are to provide strategic planning support across all media channels from pre-sale to post-sale.
- A firm understanding of both branding principles and ROI driving tactics is critical
- BS/BA degree
- 5-10 years of experience in media and planning across both traditional media and digital media, with an emphasis on National, Local and/or Multi-market audio
- Proven leader of people, enabling a culture where shared success is celebrated
- Experience responding to RFPs from National Advertising Agencies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite with Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment with revolving deadlines
- Ability to identify and solve problems, create and innovate on behalf of clients and multitask
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing the campaign process from plan creation to campaign optimization based on analytics.
- Experience with DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) a plus
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.