Traffic Anchor - Entercom LAApply
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
- Anchoring multi-hour traffic shift
- Gathering, writing, and delivering traffic content inclusive of providing live coverage when breaking news occurs
- Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
- Knowledgeable and up-to-date with local and national trends involving traffic information gathering
- Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar
- Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Understanding how to integrate on air content into all social and digital media platforms
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Proficient in media production and broadcast systems
- Making station appearances as required
- Working with sales and promotions departments
- Protecting the station's FCC license
- Other duties as required by management
Looking for a FT traffic anchor who can deliver relevant, compelling reports with a credible and empathetic style. Must be able to thrive in a fast paced all-news environment and cover every type of traffic incident including breaking news. Must have excellent information gathering and presentation skills. Our next anchor will also have experience and an understanding of social media and digital news. Must have a minimum of 5+ years experience anchoring or reporting traffic. A 4 year degree is preferred, preferably in Broadcast Journalism or Communications.
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.