Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Entercom’s News and News/Talk properties play a vital role in the communities we serve – providing objective and unbiased local news content in a time when it is needed most. Our brands set the agenda in major markets across the country including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco and Philadelphia.
The VP, News is responsible for overseeing all news content across Entercom’s best in class local news brands and via the RADIO.COM platform. The ideal candidate has experience managing both broadcast and digital news operations and is adept at leading through change and innovation.
This role is for a hands-on leader and self-starter who is relentless in his/her quest for excellence in journalism. This role will require strong business acumen and the ability to drive results leading market-based teams across the country and in our corporate offices in Philadelphia and New York.
- Maintain and grow Entercom’s News audience and commitment to excellence across broadcast and digital channels
- Manage all broadcast and digital news content across 8 All News and 18 News/Talk stations in 23 markets working with brand managers and news directors across the country
- Oversee linear audio, podcast and on-demand audio, written editorial (app, website and email) and video news content produced both centrally and at the market level
- Collaborate with the digital product team on the design of new features to serve news audience
- Work with research and analytics departments to craft stories supporting Entercom’s news mission
- Partner with revenue leadership on the development of programs, features and sponsorship opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, preferred
- 5-10+ years in integrated broadcast and/or digital news organization
- Thorough understanding of local and national news topics and distribution trends
- Experience motivating and managing diverse teams at multiple sites
- Capable of presenting ideas to both senior leaders and rank and file
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
First/Mid Level Officials and Managers